Sunday, April 24, 2011

Country Rambles

Last Friday was Good Friday and our stake organized a hike through the English countryside for the Young Single Adults. It was splendid. The weather was perfect and the company superb. It was the most glorious day I've spent in ages. We walked through fields and forests and enjoyed the beautiful scenery. We had a lovely lunch and then hiked back. After we returned to our cars, we sat and chatted and I can't remember an afternoon better spent in ages. It was a day that reminded me of just what an amazing experience it is for me to live in England.

I have developed a love affair with English post boxes. Not the column style standing solitary on the street, but the type that is built into walls, buildings, and posts. The initials at the top indicate which king or queen was on the throne when it was established. This one is from Queen Victoria's time. It's only the second one I've ever seen.

Here are a few pictures from the walk.

I love the trees here. I thought this one was particularly cool with all of the moss growing on it.




1 comment: